FOCUS GROUP PROTOCOL
Click here to download
a Microsoft Word Rich Text Format (rtf) version of the Focus Group
Instructions For Use
- The tool below is merely a template. You
should modify it as needed for your distinct purposes.
- Using an focus group is a type of survey
activity. Conducting a survey should be done systematically.
The overall steps in the survey process are:
- Organize the survey team.
- Determine the survey goal.
- Select a representative sample.
- Generate the questions.
- Construct the instrument (questionnaire,
interview protocol, or focus group protocol).
- Test the instrument.
- Administer the instrument.
- Analyze the data.
- Share and use the results.
- Consider collecting evaluation data with
more than one method if time and resources allow. For example,
a questionnaire can be used to collect information about global
reactions to an interactive multimedia program. Then, either
interviews or focus groups can be used to collect more detailed
information. Alternatively, interviews or focus groups might
be used to identify the most important evaluation issues that
will be included in a questionnaire sent to many people.
Evaluation Focus Group Protocol
# of participants: _____________________ Host: __________________
Date: __________ Site:_____________________
- What is your opinion of the interactive multimedia system
used to deliver this information?
- Was the interactive multimedia system available at times
and places convenient to you?
- What is the word on the shop floor about this interactive
- What could be done to improve the interactive multimedia
- What other types of information or training should be available
via interactive multimedia?